Monday, January 9, 2012

Severe sore throat pain need help!!!?

My throat started hurting pretty badly Saturday night, 2 days ago. I woke up really early sunday because my throat was really hurting and went to the doctor and they said I didnt have strep, and they said i should take 3 advil and 2 tylenol every 6 hours(kinda crazy dosage imo). But the combination only really worked for maybe and hour and a half tops, and I found my throat hurt everytime I tried to swallow water, food, soup, tea, and my own saliva. I went to the doctor again sunday night and was basically told the same thing cept they gave me an oral steroid and a shot that was supposed to be anti inflammatory and anti pain medication but it really only helped for the night. And today my throat basically hasn't gotten much better and I had maybe in total 12 spoons of soup today and I forced down a muffin which really sucked. Ive also tried throat lozenges, gargling salt water, and honey in tea. What am I supposed to do now? Could really use some help! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment